social-mediagoblin

[Social-mediagoblin] wiki for roadmap, design docs, et al

From: will kahn-greene
Subject: [Social-mediagoblin] wiki for roadmap, design docs, et al
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 15:21:53 -0400

We're iterating over the manual TOC right now and one of the things that
came up is that there's some content in the manual that is a design
document and should be in a wiki or some other place for design documents.

Then Deb pointed out it'd be nice to have a roadmap for the project.

Wikis are good for both of these kinds of things.  Therefore, I'm
putting out there the idea of adding a wiki to our infrastructure.

It looks like Redmine has a wiki, but I've never used Redmine wiki stuff
before so I don't know whether it's ok or not.  I know we abandoned Trac
at PCF and switched to MediaWiki because the Trac wiki kind of sucked.

I see the options as these:

1. hold off on the wiki thing and just dump everything in docs/ for now

2. use the Redmine wiki

3. set up a MediaWiki instance

4. some fourth option

Does anyone have opinions on this?  Are there other things we should be
using the wiki for?

/will