social-mediagoblin

Re: [Social-mediagoblin] calling all people with uber license-fu--we nee

From: Brett Smith
Subject: Re: [Social-mediagoblin] calling all people with uber license-fu--we need you!
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 16:11:21 -0400

On Sat, Apr 16, 2011 at 12:22:17PM -0500, Christopher Allan Webber wrote:
> One issue that Will brought up was... oh, I'll just copy-paste here
> again.
>
> <willkg> paroneayea: oh.  what about the GNU MediaGoblin logo or other
>          branding assets?  are we going to have any in the tarball that gets
>          released?
> <paroneayea> yeah those will be CC0 also, I think?
> <paroneayea> I really am not too terribly attached to the GNU MediaGoblin
>              logo.  I think it's fine for it to be CC0.
> <willkg> so, branding assets as CC0 seems funky since then anyone can use it
>          for anything and because it's branding, it's something we want
>          specifically associated with us.
> <willkg> so that's why i asked.
> <paroneayea> hm.
> <willkg> we don't really have any branding assets, yet.
> <paroneayea> Okay, I'll bring it up on list.
> <willkg> good idea, my liege!
>
> ... Thoughts on this?  Our CC0 paragraph currently looks like:

I think if you want to use CC BY-SA for the logo, you can do that
pretty easily by modifying your current non-software text to be
limited to "images (other than logos)" or something like that.  I
don't think the text will be significantly more or less complicated
either way you decide, you should make your decision based on other
criteria.

--
Brett Smith