sonata-users

[Sonata-users] New release 1.7b1

From: Jonathan Ballet
Subject: [Sonata-users] New release 1.7b1
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2016 15:44:36 +0100

Hi all,

I just pushed a new release of Sonata 1.7b1 with the following changes compared to previous 1.7a2:

New features:

* redirect to the localized Wikipedia according to the user's local,
  instead of redirecting to the English one.
  https://github.com/multani/sonata/issues/61
* add "Shuffle by album"
  https://github.com/multani/sonata/pull/59

Bug fixes:

* fix crashs on Gtk.TextView when updating the lyrics of a song
* Fix streams parsing:
  https://github.com/multani/sonata/issues/41
  https://github.com/multani/sonata/issues/38
* fix withdrawn mode by fixing incorrect usage of threads and Gtk
  eco-system
* choosing a local artwork wasn't working anymore
* fix artwork caching
* keep the selected tab when hiding/showing Sonata using the tray icon
* correctly handle tracks without a definitely reasonable track or disc
  value (Peter Helbing)
  https://github.com/multani/sonata/pull/74
* fix translation of of Glade dialogs (Peter Helbing)
  https://github.com/multani/sonata/pull/75
* fix opening the About dialog (based on Rocus van Oosten report).

Internal changes:

* slightly better performance when updating the library
* threading improvements:

  - use GIO instead of a thread to download drag-and-droped covers
  - remove the MPD from a dedicated thread. It works as good (if not
    better) as before since the threaded code was poorly written anyway
    and rendered the additionnal basically useless. This move is not
    definitive but something better will probably come up some day.

* Looking for covers isn't as filesystem expensive as before, but it
  doesn't check for multiple possible cases in the cover name anymore.

---

This releases is basically only a savepoint in order for NixOS packagers to provide a stable entry-point from where to release a Sonata package for their OS.

Sonata's development is pretty stagnant at the moment as I don't have both time and interest to spend on this project. I'm still willing to merge pull requests or patches and by other maintainers as well.

Cheers,

 Jonathan