spamass-milt and user_prefs in SQL

From: Eric (Kagi Engineer)
Subject: spamass-milt and user_prefs in SQL
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 12:38:37 -0700

Greetings,

We are in the process of setting up spamassassin for site-wide use and our volume is such that we have to use spamass-milter. We also have a strange need, in that we have thousands of email addresses that we forward email for that do not correspond with a real user on the mail server. So we would like store spamassassin user_prefs in SQL. However, in order to do that spamd needs the different "user" for each email passed to it (so it can lookup the prefs for that user). I'm wondering if spamass-milt can do this currently (I don't see that it does from the source code), or if this is a planned feature? If not, I'm thinking an idea would be to parse the "To:" header and obtain the "user" and then pass it on to spamc with the -u option.

Thanks,
Eric