./configure fails, cannot find libmilter?

From: Tony Shadwick
Subject: ./configure fails, cannot find libmilter?
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 18:27:01 +0000 (GMT)

Sorry to bug you, but I can't find any options available regarding switch
for ./configure.

When I run ./configure for spamass-milter, it fails:

checking for mi_stop in -lmilter... no
checking for library containing strlcpy... none required
checking for mi_stop in -lmilter... no
configure: error: Cannot find libmilter

But quite plainly, it's there:

[erwin:local/src/spamass-milter-0.1.3a] numbski# locate libmilter
/usr/include/libmilter
/usr/include/libmilter/mfapi.h
/usr/include/libmilter/mfdef.h
/usr/lib/libmilter.a

Just so you know, when I built sendmail, I added the appropriate line to
site.config.m4 to include miltering, did a ./Build from the top level
directory, then a ./Build in the libmilter subdirectory, make install from
the top level, and make install from the libmilter subdirectory.

I don't suppose there's a switch I can pass ./configure to let it know
where to find libmilter?

Tony Shadwick
Manager of Internet Services
Strategic Technology Group