Re: spamass-milter terminated with signal 6

From: Mike Tancsa
Subject: Re: spamass-milter terminated with signal 6
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2003 13:10:19 -0400

If you compile and link a static version of the milter on 5.x and run it on 4.x does it work ?

        ---Mike

At 12:08 PM 03/06/2003 -0500, Dan Nelson wrote:
In the last episode (Jun 03), Mike Tancsa said:
> At 09:19 AM 03/06/2003 -0500, Dan Nelson wrote:
> >In the last episode (Jun 03), Valentin Chopov said:
> >> This server is fresh built so everything is compiled with the same
> >> version of gcc (2.95.4) . I'll try to compile spamass-milter with
> >> gcc3.xx ...
> >
> >Another thing to try that might be simpler is to statically-link
> >spamass-milter (add -static to CFLAGS).  I don't know if the problem
> >is gcc 2.95's exception-handling support or EH plus shared libs.
>
> Are these sigABRTs all on FreeBSD or do people see them on LINUX as well ?

So far just FreeBSD I think, and only 4.*.  I've never seen this on my
5.* box.

> There was also a commit today that *might* have something to do with
> it as well
>
> ru          2003/06/03 07:09:01 PDT
>
>   Log: MFC:
>
>   1.14: fix for a double close([0-2]) bug.
>   1.15: fix for a stale stdio descriptors flags bugs.

This bug manifests itself as a hang, and only applies when the
application has closed one of the stdio files, then opened a socket
that happened to get one of the low fd numbers.  spamass-milter never
closes the low fds except after it has forked, so this probably won't
help.

--
        Dan Nelson
        address@hidden