Re: New Feature REQUEST - Redirect localpart only

From: Dan O'Brien
Subject: Re: New Feature REQUEST - Redirect localpart only
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 17:48:41 -0400

Dan Nelson <address@hidden> wrote:

>> What would make more sense to happen when there are
>> multiple recipients?  Send to <address@hidden>, or send to <spam>
>> and let sendmail decide based on aliases or your masquerade setting?
>> I'd prefer <spam>, but I'm not the one who will be using the flag :)

Hmmmmmm... that's an interesting question.

I don't have my sendmail configured for any masquerading... it accepts
mail
addressed to its host's FQDN (address@hidden) and relays
mail
for configured domains (presently only axonsolutions.com).

I'm using an envelope milter that I found elsewhere that's designed to
work
with SA that just redirects mail when SA tags it as spam (with SA-milt
0.13).
I'm planning to upgrade to 0.20 this week.

I guess my preference would be to redirect to <address@hidden>.
What's
involved in sending a redirected message to each user?  I'm assuming we're

talking about envelope recipients (RCPT TO:'s) as opposed to all of the
e-mail
addresses that the message was sent to.

Admittedly, I have only a cursory knowledge of sendmail's milter inner
workings.

Axon Solutions, Inc.           Telephone: 703-845-8400
5827 Columbia Pike #502        Facsimile: 703-845-5568
Falls Church, VA  22041          www.axonsolutions.com