RE: Excluding users from the milter

From: Robert Wagner
Subject: RE: Excluding users from the milter
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 08:16:35 -0500

I had a similar request.  I ended up removing spamass-milt and installing
sanitizer.  It uses procmail to pass the mail through spamc and call and
attachment blocking program.  You can create a procmail recipe to exclude
users or domains from being routed through spamc.

---------------snip from filter.rc
:0fw
* !^To:.*(address@hidden|address@hidden)
| spamc
---------------end snip

I don't claim to be an expert, but it seems to work - (If address TO is not
address@hidden or address@hidden then give it to spamc for processing.
There is also CC and BCC, wildcards will work, and basic and/or statements.
Someone will have to explain exactly how and where sendmail, procmail, and
milter handle messages as they come in.  I don't know if this saves any
time.  The other things I did to take some abuse off the system was add
defunct email addresses to the access list with REJECT and disable accepting
unresolvable domains (dnl FEATURE(`accept_unresolvable_domains')dnl).

Hope this helps.

-RW