Re: Spamassassin-Milter beginner question

From: Dan Nelson
Subject: Re: Spamassassin-Milter beginner question
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 11:26:31 -0500

In the last episode (Jul 31), Lenk, Guido said:
> i would like to use spamassassin-milter for my entire site and can't
> figure out where/how to begin :-(
>
> i have the following site-layout:
>
> ---world--------fw1------solaris8-sendmail-gateway---------fw2-------internal-exchange-server------user
>
> Can anyone give me a hint? i read so much and i am more confused than
> before :-((
>
> i am a sendmail newbie, and i am using the solaris-stock-sendmail
> system. i even don't have an mc/m4 file, just the original cf-file.
>
> I hope someone can help me a little...

Well, Solaris doesn't install the milter libraries, so you'll have to
get that installed first.

http://www.brandonhutchinson.com/sendmail_solaris.html
and
http://www.ravantivirus.com/kb/viewarticle.php?ano=1160

both walk you through installing the latest sendmail.  The first link
will get you a kitchen-sink build with SSL support, and the second
gives you a more minimal one.

Add the two macro lines in the spamass-milter README to your .mc file,
then generate and install sendmail.cf.  Then start spamass-milter,
and you should be set.  You'll also need to get spamassassin installed,
of course :)

You've got quite a bit of leeway as far as what to do with tagged spam.
The default is to process/tag mail just the way spamassassin does, but
you can also redirect or bounce tagged spam if you want.

--
        Dan Nelson
        address@hidden