Re: spamass-milter 0.20 + Sendmail 8.12.10 + SpamAssassin 2.60, headers

From: Dan Nelson
Subject: Re: spamass-milter 0.20 + Sendmail 8.12.10 + SpamAssassin 2.60, headers not added, but bodies can be replaced?
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 12:36:57 -0500

In the last episode (Sep 26), Jay Libove said:
> I just built SpamAssassin 2.60 to go with Sendmail 8.12.10 on an
> approximately RedHat 9 system (GCC 3.22 2030222 [RedHat Linux
> 3.2.2-5], PERL 5.8.0 [with LANG=en_US to get rid of the UTF8 bug])
> and spamass-milter 0.20.
>
> If I configure SpamAssassin with "report_safe 1" to replace the whole
> message with a SpamAssassin munged report and the original message
> attached, it works fine.
>
> However, I prefer to use SpamAssassin the mode documented for
> "report_safe 0" where SpamAssassin will only add/change headers, but
> not otherwise modify the message body. When I configure SpamAssassin
> this way, however, no modifications occur at all to the messages,
> even though the debug logs show that SpamAssassin declared a message
> to be spam and claims to have added a variety of X-Spam* headers.

That's basically the setup I have, except I also have "rewrite_subject
1" so end-users can see spam in the message index.

If you see lines like "sm-mta[] blahblah Milter add: header:
that header in the delivered mail.  I am not yet running sendmail
8.12.10, but I don't see any changes that should cause what you're
seeing.

--
        Dan Nelson
        address@hidden