Re: retreive_field does not strip \r from the headers

From: Dan Nelson
Subject: Re: retreive_field does not strip \r from the headers
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 10:29:02 -0600

In the last episode (Oct 28), Michail Vidiassov said:
> Dear All,
>
> Why Subj?
>
> It results in following log lines:
>
>  u_or_i: looking at <Subject>
>  u_or_i: oldstring: <=?koi8-r?B?0sXawM3F?=>
>  f_nc: <X-Envelope-From: <address@hidden>^M X-Envelope-To: ...
>  u_or_i: newstring: <=?koi8-r?B?0sXawM3F?=^M>
>  u_or_i: changing
>
> Note the difference between oldstring and newstring - it is ^M

Hmm.  The SMTP protocol does require lines to be terminated with \r\n,
but SpamAssassin converts everything to plain \n (annoying, but that's
what it does).  By the time

Aargh.  I bet that message is over 250k, right?  When spamc sees a
large message, it just passes it right through unchanged, which is
probably where the extra \r's are coming from.  I'll file a
spamassassin bug on it and see what they have to say about it.

--
        Dan Nelson
        address@hidden