"Could not extract score from" when using -r

From: Dan Moore
Subject: "Could not extract score from" when using -r
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 17:53:50 -0500 (EST)

Greetings,

When adding the -r option (as in "... -r 25 ...") to the spamassmilt
command line, I start to get the message "Could not extract score from <>"
in the logs.  On those messages, it lets them through as if they were not
spam.  I also use the -b option, and on the "Coult not extract..."
messages this also is bypassed (mail that would normally be sent to the
-b address is delivered as normal).

However, it sometimes does block as the -r option should.  The problem
above seems to be sporadic.

This happens even when the machine is at a < 1 load average, so I don't
think volume is a cause.

I do intend to look into this myself, but figured I'd at least see if
anyone on the list had seen this problem or had any ideas of how to treat
it...

Thanks (and thanks for spamass-milter!)

--
address@hidden