Suggested update for spamass-milter

From: Cassandra Lynette Brockett
Subject: Suggested update for spamass-milter
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 10:00:53 -0800 (PST)

I am implementing the Cyrus IMAPD at one of the sites I keep an eye on,
and I realised while running the testing that there is a little flaw in
the sending usernames to spam[cd].

At the moment a username is sent to spam[cd] as the localpart only, this
causes a few issues if you are handling virtualdomains on the mailserver.
Here's an example :-

User 1 - address@hidden (it's a fake testing domain)
User 2 - address@hidden (again, another fake domain).

In this case if I receive a message to the server for address@hidden it
sends the local user name in as cass, and the same as for
address@hidden  What bothers me is it is quite reasonable for the
various domains to have the same local part of the email address spread
acrosss domains as the address@hidden above might not be the same person
as address@hidden, and so I would like to have a way to keep their
preferences seperate.

Therefore is there a way an option could be added to spamass-milter (even
if it is --work-with-cyrus or something like that if all the
single-letters are taken *grin*), which would hand over full recipient
usernames to the local spam[cd] process.

I can manually modify the spam[cd] process if it strips the everything
after the @, but I don't know where to start with spamass-milter...

--
Regards,
   Cassandra