Re: SMTP AUTH

From: Derek J. Balling
Subject: Re: SMTP AUTH
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 08:53:29 -0500

On Mar 8, 2004, at 9:57 AM, Russell J. Lahti wrote:
What I would also be interested in doing would be to also specify
local outgoing mail generated from the webserver, etc also not be
scanned/tagged, and be able to specify IP addresses to avoid
scanning/tagging messages from.

This is one of the main drawbacks I see with using spamass-milter.

FYI, not to advertise alternatives to spamass-milter, but milter-spamc does that. Uses standard sendmail access.db files for determining "recipient addresses which are 'Spam:xxx FRIEND'", hosts/domains which are "OK", etc.

Works pretty well.