getting spamass-milter to simply reject mail

From: Jeff D. Hamann
Subject: getting spamass-milter to simply reject mail
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2004 15:03:36 -0700

I've installed spamass-milter and it seems to be working fine, but I want to
configure it so that email that is tagged as spam is simply rejected by
sendmail. I run a very small site and having a few false positives is
nothing in comparison to the 500 spams I get each day. I configured my
sendmail.mc file to read as follows:

INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`spamassassin', `S=local:/var/run/spamass-milter.sock,
F=R, T=C:15m;S:4m;R:4m;E:10m')
define(`confINPUT_MAIL_FILTERS',`spamassassin')

and the mail is getting processed by spamass-milter is being tagged as spam
(which is good), by if I want Sendmail to reject the message, shouldn't I be
able to use the F=R argument or do I not understand what the F=R flag is
for?

The spamass-milter docs have:

INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`spamassassin', `S=local:/var/run/spamass-milter.sock, F=,
T=C:15m;S:4m;R:4m;E:10m')
define(`confINPUT_MAIL_FILTERS',`spamassassin')

I'm not worried about false positives (yet) because I haven't completely
learned to configure SpamAssassin and figure there are plenty of settings
for me to tweak if I need them. My biggest concern is simply rejecting spam
and that the [reject] notice shows up in the maillog file. I can send myself
a message and fine tune the rejections each day if needed or add things to
the whitelists, yes?

Can spamass-milter handle simply rejecting mail? I have less than a dozen
users and rejected mail isn't a concern but the volume of spam we get is
*HUGE* for us and rejecting it from Sendmail is the optimal solution.

Help?
Jeff.

---
Jeff D. Hamann