Re: Strange Errors.

From: Dan Nelson
Subject: Re: Strange Errors.
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 12:10:56 -0500

In the last episode (Apr 25), Miles Mawyer said:
> Below is an excerpt from my maillogs. I see that I'm getting same
> issue that Gregory mentioned, but what I'm more curious about is what
> the thread_create errors, mean.  What could be causing those errors?
>
> Apr 25 12:46:56 nospam spamass-milter[23120]: SpamAssassin: thread_create()
> failed: 12, try again
> Apr 25 12:43:57 nospam spamass-milter[23120]: SpamAssassin, mi_rd_cmd: read
> returned -1: Connection reset by peer

errno 12 is "Cannot allocate memory", and all those log lines with
"SpamAssassin" in them are generated by libmilter.  If you run top, how
big is spamass-milter?  It should be around 5MB except when it's
processing large messages, in which case it'll need a buffer the size
of the whole message.

--
        Dan Nelson
        address@hidden