Re: Rewriting header incorrectly?

From: Don Armstrong
Subject: Re: Rewriting header incorrectly?
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 17:31:23 -0800

On Tue, 01 Dec 2009, Daniel Norton wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 1:15 PM, Don Armstrong <address@hidden> wrote:
> > You've not included the entire header (missing a trailing ')')
>
> I copied it verbatim.

Ah, I had forgotten that I had already fixed that typo in the version
that Debian distributes.

> > It probably could include the time and the semi-colon by modifying how
> > the header is cooked up, but right now it doesn't.
>
> It would be good to at least be RFC2821 compliant, don't you think?

It shouldn't matter; that mail should never be resent on by anything.
[You're just seeing it attached by SA when it notices that it's spam.]

Feel free to patch it to fix it, but it shouldn't make any difference
to anything. [The only case where I would care about it is if there
was suddenly a set of rules which started parsing the Received:
headers more completely than is currently done.]

Don Armstrong

--
All bad precedents began as justifiable measures.
 -- Gaius Julius Caesar in "The Conspiracy of Catiline" by Sallust