Re: Configurable reject message?

From: Patrick Ben Koetter
Subject: Re: Configurable reject message?
Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 01:01:43 +0200

* Andrew Daviel <address@hidden>:
> On Sat, 15 May 2010, Patrick Ben Koetter wrote:
>
> >If I understand it correctly, then spamass-milter is responsible for giving
> >back "5.7.1 Blocked by Spamassassin" if a message should be rejected after a
> >scan at the end of a SMTP session.
> >
> >Is this configurable? Though I usually don't give much about obscurity, I'd
> >not like to tell others their message was rejected because "XYZ" thinks its
> >spam.
>
> One of the changes I made here was to change it to a URL explaining
> why the mail was rejected and how a legitimate sender might
> otherwise contact us. Not that users seem able to read DSNs.

Same here. Mine never read error messages. They seem to think I'm a magician
with an immense powerful glass bowl... ;)

How did you change the message? Did you change the code before you built the
milter?

address@hidden

--
state of mind
Digitale Kommunikation

http://www.state-of-mind.de

Franziskanerstraße 15      Telefon +49 89 3090 4664
81669 München              Telefax +49 89 3090 4666