Re: project status?

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: project status?
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2020 17:42:35 -0400

Andy Balholm <andy@balholm.com> writes:

> I don’t even use spamass-milter myself any more (I switched to
> rspamd). I’m willing to keep on as the clearinghouse of patches, but

Hmm, maybe I should too.  It's a big jump though, to change spam
filtering.

> it would make more sense for the distribution packagers (like the two
> of you) to pick up where I left off and run a more professional
> maintenance fork.

Sure, but with my packager hat I don't want to become the upstream of
half the packages I maintain :-)

> The project on nongnu is clearly dead. The most recent exchange on the
> mailing list before this one was me asking about the status of the
> project in 2016. The only reply I got was from Greg. At the conclusion
> of that thread I said:

I don't reeven remember that :-) But I've been running SA a very long
time.

>> I have put a copy of the source (with my man page patch) at
>> https://github.com/andybalholm/spamass-milter. Feel free to file
>> issues and pull requests there. If/when we get the attention of a
>> project member, the changes can be merged back into the official CVS
>> repository.
>
> Obviously we never got the attention of a project member.

Thanks for explaining.

Barring objections and better ideas, I'll submit a pull request to
explain this in README.

If anybody else out there is carrying patches to spamass-milter, please
speak up!