[Speechd] Re: Killed speech-dispatcher and can't get it running again

From: root
Subject: [Speechd] Re: Killed speech-dispatcher and can't get it running again
Date: Sun Aug 13 12:52:48 2006

Hello,
I have managed to resolve this problem. The problem was that I had two
versions of flite on my system, one from rpm's I found but they didn't
seem to have the shared libaries, and one from a tgz package that some
had built with speech-dispatcher in mind. After uninstalling the rpm
version, and making sure the one from the tgz was installed it worked.
For some reason it changed the version of flite it was working with, so
it could not find shared libaries.

From
Michael Whapples