speechd problem

From: mooncar
Subject: speechd problem
Date: Sun Aug 13 12:52:49 2006

> address@hidden p?se v Ct 16. 02. 2006 v 18:34 +0100:
> > How can I see wich version I am using?
>
> I don't know about any general way how to determine this.

aplay --version
aplay: version 1.0.6 by Jaroslav Kysela <address@hidden>

> > I have file
> > libasound.so.2.0.0 and i have scientific linux c 4
>
> I'm using the same version and it works for me. The bug is at least
> partially in ALSA. The library is not supposed to halt the entire
> process on assertion. I'll have to talk about this with ALSA developers,
> so I fear there is no immediate help for you.
>
> You might still use OSS for the sound output. See festival conf under
> etc/speech-dispatcher/modules/.

ok with OSS it works, at least in english...thank you!

> Can you please tell me what soundcard you use? What
> architecture is your system running?

Processor:

 cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
cpu family      : 6
model           : 8
model name      : AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2600+
stepping        : 1
cpu MHz         : 2144.873
cache size      : 256 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 1
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic mtrr pge mca cmov pat
pse36 mmx fxsr sse syscall mmxext 3dnowext 3dnow
bogomips        : 4227.07

and sound card:
VIA Technologies, VT8233 , ac 97 audio controller

But there is another problem...
now, speech dispatcher is ok
I installed speechd-el by copying *.el files in the emacs load path , and it's
ok- in english.
then I want to change to italian language. I add (it italian) on
voice-select.scm, I add LanguageDefaultModule "it" "festival" on speechd.conf,
but when I change to italian language, emacs became silent and I have

SIOD ERROR: wrong type of argument to times
SIOD ERROR: bad function : "Tree_ZScores"

What is wrong?

Best regards,

veronica