Need help with festival in red hat

From: buchal
Subject: Need help with festival in red hat
Date: Sun Aug 13 12:52:50 2006

    mi> With speed is increase pitch too.

    >> Which sound system do you use? OSS or ALSA?

    mi> I think OSS but I'm not sure..How can I check it?

lsmod as root. If you use oss, try alsa. There are modules snd-

    >> Which sound card?

    mi> VT8233 AC97 Audio Controller, by VIA Technologies

OK, it seems that the problem is with module which support this sound
card not well.

    >> How works flite?

    mi> It speaks too fast, like festival; but the sound is also very
    mi> noisy, so I don't know if the pitch is increased too-I don't
    mi> understand hardly anything of what it speaks...

Yes, yes I think will be so. So try the alsa system and we will see.

p.s. This email come on my personal email only. I'm not sure if you
wanted it.

--

Jan Buchal
Tel: (00420) 24 24 86 008