Default Volume

From: Gary Cramblitt
Subject: Default Volume
Date: Sun Aug 13 12:52:51 2006

On Sunday 07 May 2006 17:37, Gary Cramblitt wrote:
> On Sunday 07 May 2006 16:38, Gary Cramblitt wrote:
> > According to the SSIP manual, the default volume is 0 (range -100 to
> > 100). I don't think that is correct.  When I run spd-say, the default
> > volume is 100.
>
> Nevermind, just saw this in speech.conf file:
>
> # DefaultVolume constrols the default volume of the voice.
> # It is a value between -100 (softly) and +100 (loudly).
> # Currently, +100 maps to the default volume of the synthesizer.
>
> DefaultVolume 100

I'm not sure what that last sentence really means.  In the spd-say help it
says

@item -i or --volume
Set the volume (intensity) of the speech (between -100 and +100, 0 is
default).

but the default is actually set by the DefaultVolume parameter in speechd.conf
and is currently a factory default of 100.  Shouldn't the spd-say and ssip
manuals be updated to say that the defaults are set in the speechd.conf file?

--
Gary Cramblitt (aka PhantomsDad)