speechd and software dectalk?

From: Hynek Hanke
Subject: speechd and software dectalk?
Date: Mon Sep 4 09:59:46 2006

On Fri, Mar 12, 2004 at 04:55:50PM -0500, Jacob Schmude wrote:
> Has anyone gotten speechd to communicate with software dectalk?
> I'm attempting to utilize the sd_generic driver to attempt to communicate
> with the dectalk's  say program, but I'm not having much luck.

I'm writing just to let others know that with Jacob's help, we finally
managed to get the generic driver working with the DTK software
synthesizer client.

If you are interested, it's now included in the CVS version of speechd.

But please be aware that DTK software synthesizer is not Free Software.

Regards,
Hynek Hanke