speech dispatcher en french.

From: Pierre Lorenzon
Subject: speech dispatcher en french.
Date: Mon Sep 4 09:59:49 2006

Hi,

I discovered recently the speech dispatcher and
I am very interested in it. Indeed my goal was
to make an interface between emacspeak and festival.
Festival server features were to limited for a
complete implementation of all emacspeak requirements.
I started to developed a direct client in emacspeak
for the festival server but there were many things to
be added to get all emacspeak functionalities working.

But speech dispatcher offers the ideal solution since
all what I wanted to implement was already in freebsoft utils.
And as we say in French "je ne veux pas r?inventer la roue."
There is now "only one thing to do" i.e.
an emacspeak client for the speech dispatcher.
Even if it is said in the speechd-el documentation that
it does not seem to be an easy work I know enough
emacspeak code to do that. To sum up there is only
a new xxx-interp.el module to be implemented an
I think that the speechd-speak.el might be
very helpful. I know that the emacspeak implementation is
     not modular enough and all sorts of thing but
I am an emacspeak user and appreciate the concept.

But first, since I am a french native speaker I'd
be very pleased to let the system

   emacspeak | speech-dispatcher | festival |`(mbrola)

speak French.

We have a French customization of festival
called FranFest which works with festival so French
is available in my festival. What should I do to let
freebsoft utils (and the speech dispatcher) know that French is
available ? In other words, what should I
do in order that the (speechd-set-language "fr")
takes effect ? I added an entry in the language-codes
variable (fr french) but it is not enough.

Bests

Pierre