Setting language.

From: Milan Zamazal
Subject: Setting language.
Date: Mon Sep 4 09:59:49 2006

    PL> the method speechd-set-language does not match its documentation
    PL> in the sens that the documetation claims that the set-language
    PL> is a local action and the implementation sets a global value.

Strictly speaking speechd-set-language does what the docstring says, but
additionally it sets the speechd-language variable.  I think it
shouldn't set it, it should be done in speechd-speak.el.  I'll fix it.

[...]

    PL> Hence I removed the definition of speechd-set-language and let
    PL> it defined by the speechd--generate-set-command macro. It does
    PL> not seem to generate any problem for the moment.

It shouldn't cause any problem if you use just the speechd.el library.

    PL> Were their good reasons that I did not notice not to implement
    PL> set-language with the speechd--generate-set-command macro ?

I think so, but I can't recall them.  Perhaps the non-standard
docstring?

Regards,

Milan Zamazal

--
The rush to reproduce Microsofts window environment seems to overshadow the
design process of determining what a window environment should be, and what its