speechd-el and term ?

From: Pierre Lorenzon
Subject: speechd-el and term ?
Date: Mon Sep 4 09:59:52 2006

Hi,

What about speechd-el behavior in a terminal emulator ?
When I start a terminal with M-x term speechd-el becomes
more or less quiet. I can obtain that it speaks
the current line with C-e l ; but it does not
echo characters while typing as it does in other
buffers. I suppose that it is related to
the way speechd-el catches modifications in a buffer and
that it is some how disturbed by the term mode.
Does anyone a simple (or maybe not simple!) way to make
speechd-el speak more in term mode or do I have to study
deeply this term mode to understand why it does so ?

Bests

Pierre