ibmtts SSML and encoding patch

From: Lukas Loehrer
Subject: ibmtts SSML and encoding patch
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2007 15:39:53 +0200

Hi all,

I prepared a patch for the ibmtts module:

http://homepage.hispeed.ch/loehrer/downloads/ibmtts-2.diff

Please give this a try, especially if you are using a language with
non-ascii characters. Please note that the ibmtts.conf file changed
too.

Changes are:

* Fixes various character encoding issues. In particular the input
* encoding is now chosen depending on the selected language if SSML is
* disabled. Also, it checks if the input is valid utf-8, and assumes
* it its latin-1 if not.
* Fixes some scenarios where the module froze or crashed with certain inputs
* Fixes most compiler warnings with -Wall
* Increased maximum speech volume.

For what is left to do, see the beginning of ibmtts.c for some TODOs.

Please check if there are any regressions with this patch. If there
are no objections, I will check it into CVS soon.

Best regards, Lukas