Problem with 6.5rc1

From: Halim Sahin
Subject: Problem with 6.5rc1
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 09:33:58 +0100

Hi,
On Mi, Nov 28, 2007 at 03:36:01 +0100, Lars Bj?rndal wrote:

> At last I was able to start SD as a SD user. spd-say works. However,
> logging in as lrs, and doing mplayer url, still gives:
>
> [AO_ALSA] alsa-lib: pcm_dmix.c:831:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) unable to
> create IPC semaphore
> [AO_ALSA] Playback open error: Permission denied

Try to start several mplayers without starting sd and check if that
works on your machine.
Afaik the problem you mentioned is a alsa configuration problem.
Have a look to
/usr/share/alsa/cards
If you can find the problem copy the file to /etc/asound.conf.

I had the same here while trying the pulseaudio stuff with my onboard
soundcard.
onfigurings such alsa thing is not easy and I did not want to spent more
time for this because I have a sblive soundcard wich works fine for me.

Good luck.
Halim