Question about Speech-dispatcher

From: Jan Buchal
Subject: Question about Speech-dispatcher
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 19:08:05 +0100

    C> Hi, Hav enot received any reply to this message. Please assist me
    C> with this. I have created a user named speech-dispatcher. Many
You can install debian package which provide all what is needed. You
need install it from sid.
Regarding users speech dispatcher session, you need create in your HOME
.speech-dispatcher directory and conf, log and pid supdirectories.

Then you have copy speech dispatcher configurations from
/etc/speech-dispatcher into your .speech-dispatcher, NOTE in you home
has speech-dispatcher directory dot before its name. And there is little
bit another structure. So all configuration files and supdirectories you
have copy into .speech-dispatcher/conf directory.

Then you need edit speechd.conf file in .speech-dispatcher/conf/ There
is several important options but I think only one is which you really
need change:

# Port on which Speech Dispatcher should be available
# to clients.

Port 6561

You can see that there is another port for dispatcher then its default.
It is very important because you can run more then one speech-dispatcher
and as default in debian speech dispatcher is started trough
/etc/init.d/speech-dispatcher script and it has configuration in
/etc/speech-dispatcher directory.

Best

--

Jan Buchal