[pygtk] Pygtk does not play nicely with speech-dispatcher

From: Michael Urman
Subject: [pygtk] Pygtk does not play nicely with speech-dispatcher
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 19:12:07 -0500

On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 1:16 PM, James Simmons
<jim.simmons at walgreens.com> wrote:
> The words are spoken correctly, but the callbacks that *should* be invoked
> after each word never happen.

I see no sign of a call to gtk.gdk.threads_init() or whatever the
current preferred alternative is. Without a call like that, I believe
all versions of PyGTK don't really allow for threading. They certainly
didn't at the python level last time I tried. Try searching for pygtk
thread faq, or something of the sort, for more on this.

--
Michael Urman