speech-dispatcher issues

From: Daniel Dalton
Subject: speech-dispatcher issues
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 16:51:18 +1000

On Tue, Jul 08, 2008 at 07:59:47AM +0200, Jan Buchal wrote:

> Check locales and a characterset for console fonts. On text console type
> locale

Here is output from "locale" on the command line, I suspect it is using
utf-8.

LANG=en_AU.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE="en_AU.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="en_AU.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="en_AU.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="en_AU.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="en_AU.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="en_AU.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="en_AU.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="en_AU.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="en_AU.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="en_AU.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="en_AU.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_AU.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=

> and check see what is in /etc/console-tools/config .

What am I looking for?

> Which which output module you use?? can you try another? Is it the same?

I use espeak, and yes, same bug with module flite as well.

> Best

Thanks for the reply!

Cheers,

--