Installing speechd-el with word echo, Semi OT: The Big Deal About Emacs

From: Tomas Cerha
Subject: Installing speechd-el with word echo, Semi OT: The Big Deal About Emacs
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 08:19:58 +0200

Veli-Pekka T?til? wrote:
> When I've learned enough, I might do a page called the big deal about
> Emacs for the blind. Which should hopefully motivate folks to pick it
> up, and tell you when Gedit, NoteTab or even Vim is not good enough.

I very much like your reasoning and I believe that would be a useful
page.  This is something hard to do for a long term Emacs user, since it
gets quite difficult to remember what are all your good reasons for
liking Emacs...  But when reading your mail, I found myself thinking:
"Yes, that's it, that's the big deal about it."

Best regards, Tomas