Question about latest SD and IBMTTS

From: Tomas Cerha
Subject: Question about latest SD and IBMTTS
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 16:11:31 +0200

Christian napsal(a):
> Hi all,
> Maybe this has already been discussed before.
> When I am using Orca with IBMTTS, now known as TTSynth I some times lose
> speech nd
> I need to stop SD and start it again. Then everything is working fine.
> Is this related to IBMTTS?

Hello Christian,

yes, IBM TTS is known to die occasionally.  Some of the crashes can be
reproduced deterministically and the Speech Dispatcher's output module
tries to filter out the problematic input sequences.  This makes it a
little more robust, but still, there remain situations when it dies.
Since IBM TTS is not Free Software, these problems can only be solbed by
IBM, but IBM doesn't seem to care.

If you know of a specific input sequence which triggers the crash, we
can try to work around that...

Best regards, Tomas