Broken pipe in module

From: Klaus Knopper
Subject: Broken pipe in module
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 17:50:30 +0100

Dear Hermann,

I don't think it's libasound2, the stacktraces I have seen rather points
to some kind of calculation overflow or stack error in alsa.c of
speech-dispatcher.  It may be the case that the error only becomes
obvious lateron within libasound2, because of way too high numbers for
data length.

I have not yet found out the location in alsa.c where the miscalculation
happens, but my current workaround is using OSS as output module, and
aoss as wrapper for redirecting OSS calls to ALSA. This solution seems more
stable.

-Klaus