Problems setting up speech-dispatcher on Fedora 10

From: James Simmons
Subject: Problems setting up speech-dispatcher on Fedora 10
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 12:19:06 -0800 (PST)

Hynek,

Thanks for your response.? I found out that I could make speech-dispatcher use
alsa instead of pulse-audio by removing the alsa-pulseaudio bridge RPM.? You
can do this without removing pulse-audio entirely, which is a good thing
because a lot of stuff in Fedora seems to depend on pulse-audio being there.?
Speech-dispatcher is working fine now.

Thanks for your info on spd-conf.? I decided to uninstall my speech-dispatcher
that I compiled from source and go back to the RPMs, so I never got a chance to
try spd-conf.

James Simmons