speak() in python ignoring callback (for BEGIN)

From: Tomas Cerha
Subject: speak() in python ignoring callback (for BEGIN)
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2009 14:23:09 +0200

Richard Schwarting wrote:
> Is this a common problem?  Do people just not write code that needs to
> know when CallbackType.BEGIN occurs?  Perhaps my system is poorly
> configured?  The provided _test.py also encountered a failure with the
> assert on callbacks.

Hello Richard,

as I wrote this part of the code including this TODO, I'm trying to
remember what the problem was.  I'm sorry I don't have much time to look
into it deeper right now.  I believe the problem was that it is not
possible to lock self._callbacks before sending the SPEAK command, since
it would lead to a deadlock if the server had sent the callback before
the response to the speak command.

In my usage (the Orca SD backend) the problem practically didn't appear,
so I didn't have enough motivation to complicate the implementation to
solve it...

Best regards, Tomas Cerha.