to attach, or not to attach?

From: Chris Brannon
Subject: to attach, or not to attach?
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 06:09:28 -0600

Halim Sahin wrote:
> Hi,
> Thx for you work but please can you send the patches as attachmnent?

I basicly concur with William on this issue,
for the following three reasons.

1. Inline patches are easier to review.
2. They are customary in many git-using email-based communities, notably
the Linux Kernel Mailing List.
3. By default, git format-patch gives inline patches.
Three is likely a corollary of two.

There is one good counter-argument against inlining.
If some list members are using a version control system other than git, then
they will have an easier time with attachments.

I don't care either way.  I want to get back to coding.

Thoughts?
-- Chris