My analysis of things

From: Chris Brannon
Subject: My analysis of things
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2010 21:04:29 -0500

Nolan Darilek wrote:
> I'm not on anyone's "side" in this. I just want to see a standardized,
> stable speech solution in the GNOME3 timeframe. Just who produces that
> is immaterial to me.

Your analysis is very well-written.
Hopefully, we all want the same thing that you want.

> First, set up infrastructure such that contributors have write access to
> the standard git repository.

Exactly.  Even if contributors do not have write access, we at least need
some sort of process in place, so we know that patches are being
reviewed by the official developers.
In other words, they shouldn't languish in an unofficial repository for
months at a time.

> In closing, I'd recommend this free book:
>
> http://producingoss.com/

It's on my "must read" list.  Thanks for the pointer.

-- Chris