Everything about unified interface

From: Michael Pozhidaev
Subject: Everything about unified interface
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 10:47:09 +0700

Hi, Hynek!

I've answered you some time ago but didn't receive my message back from
the list. Probably there is something wrong with mail.  This is my
message again.

> Of course, I've already sent you the link before:
>
>     http://cvs.freebsoft.org/doc/tts-api/tts-api.html

OK, maybe it is good for beginning. Are we talking about interface for
speech engines (like espeak, festival, mbrola) or about interface to
speech servers (like spd, opentts, voiceman)?

We can read following in introduction:

>1 Introduction
>
>The purpose of this document is to define a common low-level interface for
>access to the
>various speech synthesizers on Free Software and Open Source platforms.

What about to decide we want to get low-level interface or hi-level? If
we are talking about low-level we must consider the layer to transform
calls from hi-level API to low-level.

Michael Pozhidaev. Tomsk, Russia. E-mail: msp at altlinux.ru
Russian info page: http://www.marigostra.ru/