Speechd-el and left/right arrow

From: Pierre Lorenzon
Subject: Speechd-el and left/right arrow
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 13:43:45 +0000 (Local time zone must be set--see zic manual page)

Hi,

I am currently using emacs 24.0.50.1 (bzr version) (to have the
latest cedet embedded version.) I have CVS speechd-el version
since 2.4 doesn't seem to compile with emacs 24.0.50.1. I don't
know how to hack speechd-el so that only the character on which
the cursor is, is spoken after left/right arrow key pressed. I
used following code

>>>  -- CODE

(speechd-speak-command-feedback
 left-char after (speechd-speak-read-char))

>>>  -- End CODE

to have character spoken. But the rest of the line is outputed
as well, which is to much for me. When I move character by
character in a buffer I'd like to hear only the character under
the cursor. I didn't find any user level variable to be
customized for this purpose.

Moreover if I remember well, with previous version speechd-el
behavior was not the present one but the one I wish.

Regards

Pierre