Speechd-el and left/right arrow

From: Pierre Lorenzon
Subject: Speechd-el and left/right arrow
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 14:30:25 +0000 (Local time zone must be set--see zic manual page)

Hi,

I found a partial but not completely satisfying answer to my
question. Using C-f/C-b instead of the arrow keys, only
character at point is spoken. It's surprising since
left/right-char on which left/right arrow keys are binded are
simply functions that call back/forward char on which C-f/C-b
are binded. Anyway latter are c buildin since former are lisp
compiled functions. Hence I suspect that there is something in
the way function are adviced by speechd-el or/and event are
caught. Would it not be bvetter to try to adjust these
advice/event catching instead of simply and "brutaly" changing
emacs keybindings ?

Regards

Pierre