[Opentts-dev] Speech-dispatcher, OpenTTS, and the outcome of my discussi

From: Tomas Cerha
Subject: [Opentts-dev] Speech-dispatcher, OpenTTS, and the outcome of my discussion with Brailcom staff.
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 23:39:27 +0200

Hello,

I will react to what is relevant for me.  My colleagues will comment on
other things soon.

On 28.7.2010 13:19, Luke Yelavich wrote:
> The contribution agreement form hasn't been put up yet, because there has
> not yet been anybody who has approached Brailcom to discuss things. If
enough
> people wish to become regular contributors, Brailcom will update the
site with
> appropriate forms to be filled etc.

Where "enough" is actually >= 1. ;-)  It would probably have been there
already anyway if it was not the time of vacations and conferences.

> I did ask them about getting git commits to be posted to a mailing list,
> and I think they said they would look into it.

Yes, Boris has just created the new mailing list.  Please, see
http://lists.freebsoft.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/speechd-commits for
subscription information.  The speechd git is set to send notifications
automatically to this list.

> As for bug tracking et al, I didn't ask them about that, as I forgot,
> but I am sure they could ensure that the bug tracker is easier to
> find, and is usable and useful for filing and tracking bugs.

We are going to use the bug tracking system which is integrated with our
internal information system.  This would be very practical for us and we
hope that it will not cause any inconvenience to the community.  We
actually believe that it will be an advantage as its interface is
heavily optimized for accessibility (based on our accessible web
application development platform).

> As far as I understand it, their entire site is wiki-like, so having
> a wiki area probably wouldn't be to much of a problem either.

No, that should not be a problem too.  Just let us bring these tools one
step at a time.

Thanks again to Luke for his pragmatic approach.  I believe that is the
users who is going to benefit.

Best regards, Tomas