volume and the espeak module

From: Chris Brannon
Subject: volume and the espeak module
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 21:15:30 -0500

I think that the espeak module sounds too soft, even at the maximum volume.
So I did a little research and experimentation.
The header file that comes with the eSpeak library claims that the
synthesizer's volume setting is in the range 0 to 100, and that's the range
used by Speech Dispatcher's espeak module.
The help document for the espeak command-line tool says that the volume is
in the range 0 to 200, and these values would seem to be the correct ones.
I wrote a patch to use the new values, and I'm happy with the volume.

-- Chris