svox pico issues

From: Andrei Kholodnyi
Subject: svox pico issues
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2010 13:26:35 +0200

>> i.e. it is not possible to link Apache sources against GPLv2.
>> But vise versa it is not a problem.
>
> I don't see any difference. The new work is a combination
> of two works. The license for the combination must
> be allowed by the licenses of the originals.

Not sure what do you mean by "a combination".
e.g. you can use libc in any GPLv3 program w/o any restrictions
but if you try to use GPLv3 code in the libc then you need to license
libc under GPLv3
So, it is no symmetric. At least this is how I understand it.

> So if you agree, we can copyright the SVOX Pico module
> as GPL v3 or any later and we are done. I think it's not necessary
> here to LGPL.

As I have explained I do not see any problems with GPLv2,
however I do not plan to license pico under GPLv3.

Andrei.