running speech-dispatcher-0.7.1 in system mode

From: Halim Sahin
Subject: running speech-dispatcher-0.7.1 in system mode
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2010 10:51:22 +0200

Hi,
On Sat, Oct 09, 2010 at 12:47:43AM -0700, Steve Holmes wrote:
> I just tried from a cold boot and inserted the proper environment
> variable into a profile that gets read by all programs that startup on
> my Arch Linux system.  This gets inherited nicely by normal users at
> login and again, startx works fine but gdm for some reason does not
> inherit this variable when it runs.  I think gdm is the user but it
> must run something else that does not inherit these environment
> variables.

Have you tried exporting the speechd_address in your gdm start skript?

Gdm under gentoo is not that version which can be used for creating
accessible login afaik.
So I can't test it.
BTW.: On my machine I use now unix_socket for sd.
Sd  starts through an init-skript and works with sbl and orca :-) :-)
:-).

BR.
Halim