Default LogPath Seems to be Broken

From: Steve Holmes
Subject: Default LogPath Seems to be Broken
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 15:39:05 -0700

If I start speech dispatcher as a system daemon and make sure no
.speech-dispatcher folder exists in the home directory for the user
that is running the program, I would expect the log files to be
written to /var/log/speech-dispatcher.  At I thought I saw something
to this effect in the documentation.  Oh, this is all happening when
the LogPath variable is set to "default".  Instead, a directory called
.speech-dispatcher is being created each time and the logs are put in
there under its own log subdirectory.  This is fine for individual
users running speech-dispatcher in their own space but not for a
single system wide service.

If this practice is to remain, then we need to be able to specify the
LogPath on the command line like we can with the pid file.  For now as
a packager, I have to alter the speechd.conf file in order to have a
centralized log file.

I have things down to only two changes to make to the speechd.conf to
make it usable as a system service for out of the box users; the autio
output method and the log path.

Thanks for any help.