rfc module autodetection patch set

From: Halim Sahin
Subject: rfc module autodetection patch set
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 18:54:02 +0100

Hi,
On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 02:57:51PM +0000, Christopher Brannon wrote:
> Should the existence of an
> AddModule "foo-generic" "sd_generic" "foo-generic.conf"
> directive also disable module discovery?  I suppose it should, for
> consistency's sake.

Well it should disable auto discovery of modules when we decide to
autodetect the generic modules as well.
What do you think about doing this via symlinks to sd_generic?
To recognize generic modules we should add a prefix to the symlinks like
spd_mbrola-generic
spd_espeak-generic
etc.
Then the autodetect can start all modules except sd_generic module
directly.
sd_generic needs to be loaded when one symlink spd_xyz points to it.
Just my two cents.
halim