Debugging speechd-el network communication

From: Lubos Pintes
Subject: Debugging speechd-el network communication
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2013 11:27:53 +0200

Hello list,
I am trying to implement the SSIP protocol on Windows. My goal is to use
Emacs with speechd-el with SAPI voices.
To start with something, I implemented a very simple loop, which only
sends the "200 OK" reply for every command it receives. Of course it
interprets commands like "SPEAK", "SOUND_ICON", "CHAR", but currently no
message priorities. I just want something which partially works, and
them I will try to make it better.
I am using Emacs 24.3.1, speechd-el is latest and greatest from git
repository.
Firstly I customized speechd-el to communicate over internet socket.
But when I run my server, I hear a message like "flet is obsolete
blabla", and then emacs ceases to respond.
 From my program's point of view, the server is blocked on line where it
wants to read the next command from speechd-el. It looks like Emacs is
in some infinite loop, or frozen, it uses some CPU, but is
uninterruptible. No C-G, no C-C, no Ctrl+Break works. I can only kill it.

Because I am very new to Emacs Lisp, to study the code is quite
difficult. I would like to know where could I debug it to see what is
happening.
Yet one last thing, I somehow, probably "by accident" pressed C-u and
then M-x speechd-speak RET.
In this situation it worked better, at least it communicated with the
server.
Thank for help