Problem with auto-spawn

From: Julien Syx
Subject: Problem with auto-spawn
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2014 19:12:50 +0100

Hello everyone,

I have some problems with speech-dispatcher on ubuntu (precise 12.04 LTS)
with the packaged version, and on raspbian wheezy, packaged version too.

I use a python program to launch an autospawn dispatcher :
client = speechd.client.SSIPClient('LISA')

https://github.com/Seraf/LISA-CLIENT-Linux/blob/master/lisa.py (for the
full code)

On the first run it works correctly, I have sound, but once I stop the
program and try to run again the code, I have no sound output. The
dispatcher is running, the socket seems to be here, but according to the
log it does nothing.

I have no environment variables, and the speechd.conf is 'by default' (all
lines for communication are commented).

I run the version 0.7.1. Does someone have a clue ? I found nothing
interesting in logs, it seems python try to autospawn a new process
(working) but don't reuse existing socket.

Thanks a lot !

=====

I tried to compile the last version 0.8, but the configure tell me :
Requested 'dotconf >= 1.3' but version of dotconf is 1.0.13

According to the INSTALL file (dotconf 1.0 needed), is 1.3 version really
needed ?